What is Dependant Pass and Do I Qualify?

 In News

If you have an employment pass or S-pass in Singapore, you have the benefit of relocating your family by applying for a dependant pass in Singapore. However, the Dependant Pass is only available for immediate family members.

Who is eligible?

You can apply for a Dep. Pass for your family provided you meet the following requirements:

  • You hold an Employment Pass, S Pass or Entrepreneur Pass.
  • You earn a minimum fixed salary of S$4000 per month. (Note: From 1 September 2015, work pass holders will need to meet a minimum salary criteria of $5,000 to enjoy dependant privileges.)
  • You are sponsored by your Employer.
  • Eligible to apply only for you legal spouse and unmarried child /children from 21 years old and below.

Those holding a Dependant Pass of an Employment Pass will also be eligible to apply for a job. They will be allowed to work in Singapore if their employer will apply for a Letter of Consent.

Points to remember: Eligibility and required documents to apply dependant pass in Singapore

  • If in case, you family members are not eligible for a dependant’s pass. They might qualify for a Long Term Visit Pass or LTVP.
  • Dep. pass holders who acquire an Employment Pass or an S pass are required to cancel the Dependant’s pass.
  • For dependants of S pass holders who get a work permit, the validity period of the Work Permit is tied to the validity of S Pass holder’s pass.

Documents Required:

  • A photocopy of the personal particulars page of the individual’s passport.
  • For children who share a passport with their parents, a photocopy of their particulars page should also be provided.
  • A photocopy of the marriage certificate of the legally married spouse.
  • A photocopy of the official birth certificate of unmarried children below 21 years of age stating their parents’ names.
  • A photocopy of the adoption order or other relevant papers in case of unmarried adopted children under the age of 21.

Points to remember:

  • In case you have non-English documents, you must submit an English translation along with a copy of the original document.
  • The translation can be done by a translation service provider, an embassy or notary public.

How to apply:

  • You can engage Immigration Consultants in Singapore for a thorough guidance through applying and acquiring a pass.
  • You can apply online.
  • You have to apply manually for dependants of employment pass (sponsored) and for personalised Employment Pass and Entrepass holders.
  • Submit an application through an employer or an employment agent after which you will be receiving an In-principle approval letter or a rejection letter depending on the how accurate the documents are.
  • On receiving the approval letter, you will have to get the pass issued through an employer or an employment agent after which a notification letter will be received.
  • On receiving a notification letter, the applicant might have to register a fingerprint and photo if required, after which an acknowledgement of card delivery will be issued.
  • Finally, a dependant’s pass will be issued to the authorised recipient.


If applied online: 7 working days.

If applied manually: 5 weeks.

These are the steps you will have to follow to acquire a Dependant pass in Singapore. You can renew the card on expiration which is usually tied to the Employment pass or S pass holder’s pass. You can also cancel the pass if the main pass holder becomes a permanent resident or the Dependant pass holder intends to leave Singapore to reside elsewhere.

Details on Singapore company incorporation servicesHow to renew an entrepreneur pass in Singapore

Get In Touch
Fax:      (+65) 6295 6075