Do you want to become a citizen of Singapore? The opportunity to migrate to the country and establish roots is here through three categories offered by the Singapore authorities. Let Enrich Consulting assist you in your journey to becoming a Singapore citizen. We offer assistance to applicants in preparing their application by processing their application form, preparation of their documents and providing them with timely advice. Let us be your guide in your step to becoming a Singapore citizen!
The following categories of people are eligible to be considered for Singapore Citizenship:
- A Singapore Permanent Resident for at least 2 – 6 years prior to application of Citizenship and of at least 21 years of age.
- Spouse of Singapore Citizen with a minimum of 2-year residence as a PR and married for at least 2 years preceding the date of application.
- Child born outside Singapore where at least one parent is a Singapore Citizen. An overseas-born minor (child) may be eligible for Singapore Citizenship by Descent under Article 122(1) of the Constitution of the Republic of Singapore, if his/her parents meet any of the following conditions:
- a) Male Singapore citizen by Birth who has a lawful marriage at time of minor’s birth
- b) Male Singapore citizen by Registration who has a lawful marriage at time of minor’s birth and minor does not acquire citizenship of the country he was born by reason of his birth in that country
- c) Female Singapore citizen by Birth and minor born on or after 15 May 2004
- d) Female Singapore citizen by Registration and minor born on or after 15 May 2004. Minor shall not acquire citizenship of the country he was born by reason of his birth in that country
- e) Male (who has a lawful marriage at time of minor’s birth) or Female Singapore citizen by Descent has to declare their residence period in Singapore. The application can only be accepted if the parent fulfils the requirements stipulated in the Annex of Application for Singapore Citizenship By Descent Article 122 (1) as stated for the residency period of the applicant (Parent who is a Singapore Citizen by Descent) having either:
- Accumulated at least 1 year of residence in Singapore out of the 5 years before the birth of the child; or
- Accumulated a total of 4 years residency period in Singapore before the birth of the child.
The application has to be submitted within one year of the child’s birth. Otherwise, a letter of explanation and additional documents are required for the late submission. All applicants for citizenship must be of good character, have satisfied the residential requirement and have the intention to reside permanently in Singapore. They must also be able to support themselves and their dependents financially.
National Service (NS) Liability: Male applicants who are granted Singapore Citizenship status are required to register for NS upon reaching 16 ½ years old.