What is Dependant Pass and Do I Qualify?
If you have an employment pass or S-pass in Singapore, you have the benefit of relocating your family by applying for a dependant pass in Singapore. However, the Dependant Pass is only available for immediate family members.
Who is eligible?
You can apply for a Dep. Pass for your family provided you meet the following requirements:
- You hold an Employment Pass, S Pass or Entrepreneur Pass.
- You earn a minimum fixed salary of S$4000 per month. (Note: From 1 September 2015, work pass holders will need to meet a minimum salary criteria of $5,000 to enjoy dependant privileges.)
- You are sponsored by your Employer.
- Eligible to apply only for you legal spouse and unmarried child /children from 21 years old and below.
Those holding a Dependant Pass of an Employment Pass will also be eligible to apply for a job. They will be allowed to work in Singapore if their employer will apply for a Letter of Consent.
- If in case, you family members are not eligible for a dependant’s pass. They might qualify for a Long Term Visit Pass or LTVP.
- Dep. pass holders who acquire an Employment Pass or an S pass are required to cancel the Dependant’s pass.
- For dependants of S pass holders who get a work permit, the validity period of the Work Permit is tied to the validity of S Pass holder’s pass.
- A photocopy of the personal particulars page of the individual’s passport.
- For children who share a passport with their parents, a photocopy of their particulars page should also be provided.
- A photocopy of the marriage certificate of the legally married spouse.
- A photocopy of the official birth certificate of unmarried children below 21 years of age stating their parents’ names.
- A photocopy of the adoption order or other relevant papers in case of unmarried adopted children under the age of 21.
Points to remember:
- In case you have non-English documents, you must submit an English translation along with a copy of the original document.
- The translation can be done by a translation service provider, an embassy or notary public.
How to apply:
- You can engage Immigration Consultants in Singapore for a thorough guidance through applying and acquiring a pass.
- You can apply online.
- You have to apply manually for dependants of employment pass (sponsored) and for personalised Employment Pass and Entrepass holders.
- Submit an application through an employer or an employment agent after which you will be receiving an In-principle approval letter or a rejection letter depending on the how accurate the documents are.
- On receiving the approval letter, you will have to get the pass issued through an employer or an employment agent after which a notification letter will be received.
- On receiving a notification letter, the applicant might have to register a fingerprint and photo if required, after which an acknowledgement of card delivery will be issued.
- Finally, a dependant’s pass will be issued to the authorised recipient.
If applied online: 7 working days.
If applied manually: 5 weeks.
These are the steps you will have to follow to acquire a Dependant pass in Singapore. You can renew the card on expiration which is usually tied to the Employment pass or S pass holder’s pass. You can also cancel the pass if the main pass holder becomes a permanent resident or the Dependant pass holder intends to leave Singapore to reside elsewhere.